Sunday 25 March 2012

The Classy Redneck is Completed!

I am very happy to say that I have finished the classy redneck quilt!!  It didn't take me that long... about 5 days total from start to finish, and I am very happy with the results.  I still need to wash the quilt a few more times so that the material rags up a little more.

 I couldn't take a picture of the whole quilt.. it is just too big!
 I definitely suggest buying good ragging scissors if you are going to attempt a rag quilt.  It will save you a lot of time and reduce your chances of developing carpal tunnel syndrome.  I was able to cut 1/2 inch sections on my seams in one day! I thought it was going to take me a week, in front of the tv, with no breaks. 
 My dog has officially adopted this quilt.  I think she assumed I made it for her.


So I had a little panic after I finished my rag quilt so quickly because I didn't have any other projects.  So I managed to find two new projects to keep me busy.  Below is that fabric that I am going to use to make a baby boy quilt (I also saw a ton of baby fabric that I wanted to buy and I resisted).
 I also found this fabric bundle by David Butler (I am in love with Amy Butlers work, so of course I would be drawn to her husbands work as well) and I am going to make a nice quilt for my mom.  I am not spoiling the surprise... I had her help me pick out the fabric so that she would absolutely love the quilt. 
This will hopefully keep me busy for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I love to quilt, too. Your mom and I might be same age -- ha ha -- cause I used to sew Barbie doll clothes when I was little too!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soo excited that you are following our blog. We are just getting it started, and still playing around with the design. I also would sew doll clothes when I was little so you must be my age :)

      Amy

      Delete